Thursday, April 8, 2010

BODYROCK WEIGHT TRAINING I

Anyhoo, Here is my workout for today which totaled 66 rear lunges lunges (with 12 pound weights standing on a stepper), 66 push-ups up (knees), 66 planks, and 66 mountain climbers and 81 biceps (i did a set of 15 afterwards for good measure). (Explanations of moves explained below)

5 minute warm-up (3.0 mph on treadmill and light stretching)

REPEAT FOR 15 MINUTES:
6 rear lunges
6 biceps
6 knee pushups
6 planks with mountain-climbers
**Do as many as you can**

I did one set (15 reps) of biceps with 12 pound weights

5 minute warm down (3.0 mph on treddy)

Watch the video of the workout HERE!

***My biceps are sore!!! And....I CANNOT BELIEVE i did that many pushups in 15 minutes! Doing 6 at a time then jumping to the next, then back to the original segment is perfectly short and long enough to keep those muscles challenged yet give them a tiny break....This is so unlike the hour-long weight lifting sessions i would only focus on one move at a time. I didn't incorporate 2 or 3 exercise moves into one -- why didn't I do this earlier? I feel such a huge difference in my soreness than when i just did basic weightlifting***

Mountain climbers: when i do my knee pushup, i stay in that position and then go into plank position (extend legs straight out). A mountain climber is when you bend one knee to your chest, bring it back out to pplank...then bend the other leg knee to your chest, then back to plank.

No comments:

Post a Comment